Monday, October 19, 2009

First Blog


Since this is my first real blog ever on my first real blogging website (thanks trusty ol' Blogger.com!) I should probably introduce myself.



My full name is Healani Combier-Kapel. You, and everyone else can call me Lani for short. This way, if I get any phone calls asking for Healani, I'll know its a telemarketer and can quickly hang up.

The origin of my first name is Hawaiian. Neither of my parents are Hawaiian, but I guess I'm glad they chose a name which is not, and hopefully never will be, on Social Security's top 100 baby name list.

Perhaps my name has made me seem more intriguing than I would've been were my name Christina. I play the drums in a band, am the Promotions Director for WHCS Hunter College Radio, work at the Dolciani Center at Hunter College, do lots of illustrative art, and still manage to maintain a decent overall GPA.
I currently live in Flatbush, or "Ditmas Park", Brooklyn with my boyfriend Michael Battaglia.


.
And you?

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everthing you wanted to know about Lani but were afraid to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should be interesting to see how this develops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm I thought Joseph woulda cracked the top 10 in the top 100 baby names list...guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wished I had a more unique name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love names that make you want to know more:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's cool you're putting yourself out there making it about your life. So far it's really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. I am glad you introduce yourself. I wish we all would've done the same. I honestly don't know whose blog I am reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it awesome to be unique and have a name that no one else has? I never really liked my name. I'm sure you never had an experience in which your teacher had two Healani's in a class and had to call you Healani C. and the other one Healani P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, playing the drums huh ? Seems awesome, I was learning how to play the guitar a while back but I got too lazy to practice and I guess I forgot most my stuff.

    ReplyDelete